Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is Denali's dad's birthday (my husband) he's 29 and therefore one year older than me and officially "old" for the next 9 months, or at least until I turn 29.

I've been thinking of my goals in life, etc. I'd really like to be a riding instructor for kids with disabilities. (Please stop laughing friends.) I talked to the therapeutic riding center and they said "send a riding video" (because I want to do an internship.) I realized that as much as I know about horses on the ground, it has been a long time since I have actually ridden consistently. I think that training Denali is a great start to working on my goals, but I need to stop worrying about her freaking out and get back in the saddle (so to speak.) I'm hoping now to ride a couple times a week and get back riding muscles so I will (some day) be able to pass the riding test that is required for certification. SOMEDAY! I'm not sure how long we will live in the PNW, so I would like to learn as much as I can about riding and horses so I can take it with me when we leave (since I have no clue where we are going to end up.) As for the therapeutic riding center, I told them that since the only horse I ride is an OTTB, and she's learning that there is more than one speed a video of us could be interesting.

I'm going to ride a few times weekly and learn as much as I can by doing and reading so I will be a better instructor. SOMEDAY! (I hate waiting!!)

No comments: