Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Montana

Obviously since I'm knocked up, stopped riding, and sold Denali this blog sort of sits stagnant  Every once in a while I go to write something and thing, "Eh, this has nothing to do with horses." I don't want to bore you too much.

Every few months I start to worry about Denali. With this new financial responsibility coming up, part of me really wanted to make sure all was well, and that she was still happy. If not, I needed to adjust the budget and bring the girl home.

I called last week, left a message, and never heard back. My brain developed some really impressive scenarios to freak me out. I stewed about it for a week, and decided to call back. Her owner explained that his youngest son still wasn't sure how to communicate messages to him, and apparently writing in tiny print on the notepad that I called was good enough. He was very apologetic.

All's well in Montana. He really likes her, says she's a sweet girl (I double checked he had the right horse) and she is a pleasure. She is growing her winter coat in, and he will blanket her if she needs it (she doesn't really like blankets. Wild Pony Beasts don't wear blankets.) He said she's been doing great, put on some weight since we saw her, and he was very appreciative that we trust him with her.

Again, I love this man! I don't know how Denali lucked out so much, and if I wouldn't have seen it with my two eyes I wouldn't believe it myself. We chatted for a while, and he invited us back for a longer period of time. I told him we'd have a screaming child with us next time.

That's all the news I have. I'm putting my new awesome saddle on consignment. I just don't want to have something happen to it, and it fit me "okay" but not amazing. I hope to make close to what I paid for it. It really is an awesome saddle. My office/saddle/horse stuff storage area needs to become the baby room.

Baby....you'd think at this point I'd get use to the idea. It still freaks me out. Hope all is well with you!!


5 comments:

Natalia said...

Even if you don't always talk about horses, I would still love hearing from you. I'm glad to here your beasty is doing good in Montana.

summersmom said...

Keep posting, even if it doesn't have anything to do with horses. Love reading your blog :)

SprinklerBandit said...

;) I'm with the above. Don't drop out of the blogosphere. We love you!

So glad D found a place to live and be loved. Montana is a great place to be a horse.

WishIHadAHorsey said...

Absolutely! Please keep blogging even it is just from time to time. I think her is fine - it is your history. And in few years we can hear about baby stories on his/her first pony :).

Achieve1dream said...

Yes please keep blogging!! We don't care if it's not horse related. And I love hearing about babies too even if I don't want one lol!