Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ponies, Ponies, Ponies

Still working out the details with the big man, but I will try to get some photos of him this weekend. I sort of feel weird taking pictures of him without his owner knowing that he is now on the Internet. Tuesday I went out to the barn that Denali use to live at prior to the whole almost dying thing. A friend of mine moved her mare there at the start of the month and I wanted to visit her.

One of the lesson horses was just finishing up, and the trainer offered me to take her for a spin. I haven't ridden since I started my crazy work out routine (aka, not working out ever to 4 days a week, 2 with a personal trainer). I could tell right away that "wow, this is much easier with muscles." I didn't feel like I was 'amazing' but could focus more on what I was doing since I felt pretty stable.

I think I mentioned before that my doctor wouldn't give me anti-anxiety meds for my fears post-trailer accident. She thought I had PTSD and made me go talk to someone. It actually is something I sort of have a hard time talking about on here so I don't mention it a lot. I guess I'm embarrassed? The doctor grew up with horses too. My "homework" is to tell stories of good things that happened to me in the past, or times that I felt really confident. She thinks that this will help me since so many of my memories in the past year and so were so negative or traumatic. SO, what does that mean? You will have to listen to me ramble some. I figured I'd write them on here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds a bit like me. I am a very private person, so I can understand [to an extent, we all have different stories, yes?] I wish you the best of luck :).
Also, thats great you started working out again! I have as well...kind of makes you wonder why you stopped, haha!

WishIHadAHorsey said...

Can't wait to see the pics of the new guy.

And it sounds like you have an excellent doctor. If you only treat the symptoms, the underlying cause will remain. Treat the cause, and the symptoms will go away!

Horsez-R-Us said...

I can't wait to hear them :) Also, I am hoping that this weekend I'm going to make a 'production' about the blogs that I read and I was wondering, do you mind if I use some of the photos that you put of Denali on your blog?

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

Of course Horses R Us. :) She'll be pleased that she's on another blog. She lets it go to her head. :)

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Don't be embarrassed. Been there, done that... hope it helps you as much as it helped me. I've been working out too and the difference when I ride is incredible.

SprinklerBandit said...

You are doing so well! I'm impressed. Looking forward to pictures and happy stories.

I always feel ok putting up pictures of horses I don't own (sans people) as long as I don't use real, google-able names. FWIW.

Achieve1dream said...

That's fantastic! I'd love to hear your stories. :)

Don't feel embarrassed about talking to someone. I'm dying to talk to someone about my anxiety!! I don't want to take meds, but I can't afford to see a therapist, so I'm sort of stuck lol. Keep on talking though, because it will help.

Good job on the working out! Proud of you. It does make a difference huh? I've been running again and I feel sooooo much better. :) It makes a big difference when riding to. :) I'm glad you got to take the lesson horse for a spin and had fun!!