Thursday, April 8, 2010

My horse, the dog...

Ran out to the barn today to drop off my old saddle. LONG STORY. If you've been following for long you know how anal I am. If you're new to this blog. I'm beyond anal when it comes to my horse. It's horrible!

Yesterday Denali was a huge PITA with her lessee. Her lessee thought it might be the saddle, but I forgot to tell her that my horse went psycho the night before and fell on her belly. In hind sight, she's probably sore. She was still a little stiff today. She only walked her in the saddle. I put the new one on her today and it seems to fit her better through the shoulder than the other one. The poor thing had to stand there and deal with mom poking and prodding. I continuously took the saddles both on and off, and on and off. Her new one really seems to fit, but she'll tell us if it doesn't. Her lessee didn't trot or canter her yesterday, and I didn't do much with her on Tuesday. She was way to "up" for me to lunge her. I'm not too concerned. If the saddle doesn't work out, I'll sell it. I got it for a good price, so I think I'll at least be able to get that for it.

While I was out there I pulled her mane. First time I've ever done that with her. She was great! I did let her graze while I did it though, so she was so excited to eat I'm sure she forgot what I was doing.

After I finished fusing over her, I turned her out in the arena. She walked around for a little bit then turned to look at her tail bag. Then she started chasing her tail!! My trainer saw it too and was laughing so hard she had tears in her eye. Denali was totally playing with her tail! It was so funny! I wish I had my camera to take a picture of the look on her face. "I'm going to get you!"

Her bridle and her saddle pad came today! The saddle pad is amazing! Even if it doesn't work I'm not sure I'll be able to give it up. The bridle is beautiful. We'll see if this one fits! I sold the other one, so I don't feel guilty.

2 comments:

Tammy in TX said...

I would have loved to seen that! LOL

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

That is funny! Denali is never a dull moment! Can't wait to see pics of her wearing all the new tack!