Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pennsylvania

I have been home (funny how it's called that no matter how long you've lived somewhere else) for a few days now. It's been nice to see friends and family. I know that before I know it I will be back in Seattle, so I am trying to enjoy my mini-vacation. This is the first summer that I have not worked in....ever I guess. I've worked since I was 16. From 18-24 I worked every summer at an amusement park as a manager and worked from 6 am - 11 pm (not even joking, and sometimes longer hours.) I loved that job. I did a million things at one time and was always on my feet running around. It was fun when I was 18-24, but probably not now. I'd take it too seriously. A bunch of my friends and I went there this past weekend to ride the rides for the first time since we left (we use to sneak off and ride them during the day.) We also were big kids and bought our own wrist bands (we can get them for free if we want them.) I figured I'm 30, I can buy my own.

Today I woke up and my neck really hurt. I took me 5 minutes to figure out that I had a sun burn. It's been THAT long since I've had one of those! Funny.

Lots of bad things happening in the world this weekend to people and animals alike. I wonder if it's possible to have TOO much empathy because I end up feeling so bad for everyone and making myself depressed. I'm always like that though. Someone told me it was my "Catholic Guilt."

Hope all is well in your part of the world! I will probably not post a lot since Denali will get mad with lack of mention of her, and it's hard to mention her when she's 3,000 miles away. She tends to demand the spotlight. I showed my mom the video of Denali, her comment, 'Reminds me of a giant dog.'

2 comments:

Gooddog_baddog said...

Welcome back to PA...not sure what area your in but I know one amusement park in my area -western side (which I haven't been to in YEARS)...enjoy the ever changing weather while your here, you can get 3 different seasons in less than a week here in PA, which I know my mom misses so much although she now resides in beautiful ever sunny California... Enjoy your time off.

Achieve1dream said...

That's funny you didn't recognize the sunburn at first lol. Use lots of aloe vera and it'll heal up quick and won't peel.

Glad you're enjoying your visit home, but I bet you miss D. :)

I'm the same way about the empathy so I totally know what you're saying. Try not to let it get you down.