I know, that's bad right? I laughed as I typed it!
I went to the barn on Sunday and proceeded to have a HORRIBLE allergic reaction to horses/hay/dust. I really thought that maybe I might die. I was sneezing and hacking until late last night. I took so many different allergy medications that I figured I'd either A. feel better or B. die in the night. Sadly I don't feel better, but I also didn't die, which is a plus.
I hate being allergic to the barn. It makes me very sad. Luckily I don't always have such a horrible reaction every time. Usually I'm fine, but yesterday it was horrible. I'm also allergic to Denali. Only in the winter and the spring when she's shedding, and usually I can make it through. I wear those stupid medical masks which helps and surprisingly doesn't freak any of the horses out.
I've tried shots, I've tried medicine, I've tried diet... nothing works. It's been a while since I have had shots, so maybe I'll go back to that. When I went and got re-tested the doctor told me that people are either not allergic to horses or a little allergic. I'm moderately allergic. Something he said he's never seen. Interesting.
When I was little an allergic reaction would send me to the hospital in about .2 seconds. It was bad and I spent half of first grade in the hospital with breathing problems (which came from the reactions.) Stupid Asthma how I hate you so. Okay enough of my medical history! Happy Monday to everyone!