Monday, September 6, 2010

1 Year and Goals

One thing I am remembering is how hard it is to make goals when it is raining out. Damn you Seattle!! It's only September, but it defiantly feels like fall already in the PNW. I hate the rain. I just want to stay in the house and curl up under a warm blanket. Yuck!

Ms. Denali needs to be worked. I need to do the working. I told my trainer that I don't want anyone else on her because "I need to do this myself" She has 0 muscle tone and feels like Frankenstein, but I think it is best that I ride her because of that. I explained to someone at work that riding Denali is sort of like jumping out of an airplane. It sounds like so much fun, you do it, and then after the fact you try to decide if it is the best idea. I think I'm the one who needs the drugs, not her!

What needs to happen is the Denali needs to spook so that I can convince my head that I will stay on. Not that it sounds like a lot of fun or if that even make sense.

Yesterday I went out with the goal of riding her. The barn manager (aka, my trainer) and the barn owner were having a discussion about the arena and footing. It was actually funny to listen to my trainer telling him what kind of footing we need, and him justifying that what we have is good enough. He called me over to ask me my opinion (not sure if it was a good idea) and I told him the same thing my trainer had just finished telling him. SO, we're getting new footing. Yay! Hopefully by October, it was suppose to be done in April, but I didn't care since I didn't have a horse. Long story short (and yes, at this point I'm babbling) I didn't get to ride since he was in the middle of tilling the arena.

So, goals. I've decided that I need to make goals for Denali and I. Monthly goals that I post on here so that I feel like I'm being held accountable.

Goal of the month: Make goals ;0) (Okay, okay, make real goals by September 17th...how does that sound) I need to start teaching again so I know how much time I have free. Hopefully more!
And the 1 year? 1 year ago, Labor Day Weekend, I noticed that my horse had a lump on her leg....and it all went downhill from there! Hopefully this will be a better year!



2 comments:

Ashley said...

praying for a better year!! I think/hope you are over the worst :)

Leah Fry said...

Here's to a much better year for you and Ms. D.