Friday, May 6, 2011

Dog Dressage

Last night my husband and I took our neighbors dog Margarita for a walk. As we were leaving our house, our other neighbor saw us and asked if we wanted to take his dog Cedar too.  As we were walking I commented to my husband how nice Cedar's movement was and how nice his trot was. My poor husband proceeded to stare at me like I lost my head. We discussed my craziness and how I compare everything to a horse. Then we had a 10 minute conversation comparing the dogs movement. Margarita's trot was choppy and not much extension. Cedar's was much smoother, and if he was a horse I would love to sit his trot, and his transition to a "canter" was beautiful.

Think I'm crazy? There really is dog dressage. I dare you to watch the whole video without laughing. It really is amazing, but I just kept giggling.

8 comments:

Dom said...

One of my favorite videos.

Judi said...

My dog is gaited.

Lisa said...

That was just ADORABLE! Thank you for posting!!

WishIHadAHorsey said...

That was great! I couldn't help but love the tail wags throughout.

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

omg I think that is sooo sweet. :)
Love it. I would step on poor puppy toes

SprinklerBandit said...

My corgi actually has nice leg conformation and nice, even gaits. He'd be fun to ride, except his back is so long that he has trouble really getting under himself. The beagle is short backed and all about collection, but his upright shoulder and pasterns means that it would be like riding a jackhammer that can jump about 3x its own height into the air with no prep.

Yep. Nerdy.

Rebecca said...

Love that video. Another good doggy freestyle vid is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crmD_B8ERzk

Achieve1dream said...

That is an awesome freestyle routine!! I love it! I'm teaching my dog a routine, but it's nowhere near that cool. I want to know how she taught him the "flying lead changes". I want to teach that to my dog. Too cool! :D Thanks for sharing.