Sunday, October 18, 2009

Good Day

I had a good day with Denali.

I love Denali.

She saved me.

It scares me to think I won't be able to save her.

Went to the barn today armed with my list of Nero Tests they use to diagnose Wobbles. The poor thing, she put up with me moving her legs all over the place, sticking a pen on her, pulling her tail, etc. She passed everything with "flying colors." The only thing that she didn't do so well with was when I picked her tail up, she let me with little resistance. BUT NORMALLY she sucks it down harder than anything.

I'm so nervous and worried.

Tacked Denali up and took her in the arena. We did lots of lunging. Her hind end does look a little "funky" but I think I'm reading too hard into things. We also did work along the rail, but I didn't get on her. There were about 12 people there to just check out the barn, and I didn't want to embarrass myself. She got nice and sweaty which makes me happy. She is SO out of shape!

Her face is swollen on the right side. My trainer thinks it's from having her Nasolacrimal Canals (That's what my vet bill says) flushed. I hope so.

I love my pony.
I love her more than chocolate.
That says a lot!

2 comments:

SprinklerBandit said...

I doubt it's wobbles. Really and truly. I don't know tons about it, but we had a horse who was suspected of having it and they said it was a genetic problem passed on the by the sire. I'm sure it would have been noticed by now.

Good luck with your girl. It's been a rough month, but she'll be ok.

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

Thank you!! I hope so too! I'm going to keep riding and training her to compete. I can't afford two of them and she loves doing it. I hope everyone's right!