Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tired on a Tuesday


I don't know how working students do it....I guess for the most part they're not 30 and probably have more energy. I worked for the other barn today from 8-3. Wow, I'm exhausted!! I just love working there, aside from the whole exhaustion thing. There is the cutest little Morgan mare there who I just love. Her owner today told me that she'd love if I rode her since she can't ride anymore. I explained that I sucked. We'll see. I need to post a picture of her, simply beautiful!

I'm in a shitty mood today but decided to go see my mare-face and to water her paddock. Here's how the grass looks now. The birds were hanging out eating some of the seeds, which I knew they would do, but I put over 50 pounds of grass seed in this little paddock, so I think it's fine. I went a little over board.

Mare-face is doing well. Her lump on her left hind is almost gone! I'm pretty impressed with that, but still can't ride her until I get her teeth done. I didn't realize just how bad they were until today. (Note: Bad for anal horse mom, probably normal for 99% of the horse owner population.) She is getting a rub mark on her face from where the tooth is rubbing from the inside. No ulcers in her mouth, and not super sharp, but I'm still not going to bit her up.

Not sure if I mentioned on here about our dressage show on Sunday. We scored a 61.5 and a 61. I was happy with those scores. I got a lot of 6's and even a few 7's which just made my day. Even though the judge seemed to score high, I was appreciative of the comments. We had a pretty good intro A and a solid (Monster Morgan and Me solid) test B.

I can't even think straight at this point... Have a great night!!!



5 comments:

Mare said...

LOL, I feel your pain, only my days are 8:30 to 5 or later :)

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

Work in general is tiring..then add to it, wanting to see your horse, spend 3-5 hrs there, etc. it's not an easy feat.
The grass looks good!
I think ur a great rider, give yourself some credit girl..lookie at the ribbons! :)
So excited for u to start riding your Miss D soon!

JennyB said...

The grass is lookin good! And it sounds like you're a fine rider if not really good! Heck I'm not even ready to canter, don't know which leg to pressure where and when...I need some lessons!!

Andrea said...

Hehe you make me giggle... I am 25 and NOT a working student but working at a barn 6 days a week starting anywhere between 7 and 9, and finishing anywhere between 5 and 10pm. Depending on the day. Usually no lunch. You wimp!!

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

I know right. Lol I shouldn't complain but I can only function for so long on four hours sleep