Monday, June 22, 2009

I wonder...

I had a nervous break down today when I went to get on the girl. Well, not an actual nervous breakdown, but I was still REALLY REALLY worried. This is only the 2nd time I've ridden her since I came off. I decided today that I'm going to go out and ride at least three times this week, if not more. She did fine! I'm the one who is worried about dying. I wonder how many more rides until I'm not nervous. I spent the first ten minutes thinking about all the things that could be going wrong! Grrr...

4 comments:

SprinklerBandit said...

That's a hard place to be! I came off of my girl on our second or third ride. She had a really big spook, and I hadn't ridden in a while, so you can guess... I still get a little nervous when she starts looking at things.

Let me know if you find a good way to over this... So far, I'm just forcing myself to keep going and not blame her for something that was my fault.

Anna said...

you got back on...that counts for a LOT. Remember to breathe!
Would riding Ophelia first help?

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

I love Ophelia, but I don't know if I could ride her.

Anna said...

hm. I agree when you say an OTTB has the ability to wipe out your confidence in a heartbeat- as a teen I 'thought' I was a good rider.
ha.
no. I had a good HORSE under my rump, who knew how to baby sit me!

I'm seriously thinking about riding one of my barn owner's quieter QHs after I heal up, while Dancer and I do ground work.