Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So I've been slacking....


So I've slacked in the posting department. Denali just keeps getting better and better!! She's lame today, but other than that she's fat and happy. She actually is turned out with another mare (her BFF Ophelia) and they get along great! No blood at all! I was shocked! I was convinced that when they finally got turned out Denali was going to kill someone. Not even a threat. She's so great!!

I did give up on training her. I'm not a professional, and she scared me so badly that I was afraid to even touch her. I put her into professional training March 1st. It wasn't Denali's fault she freaked out at her last place, it was mine for thinking I could keep her in that shit hole. I love my horse and made a commitment to her, so now she's in "in school." She's doing awesome! I work with her two, which I greatly appreciate the trainer for showing me how to train a horse. I keep saying that I want to take in retired/broke down TB's someday and give them a good life. I need to learn how to do that. There's no point in pretending that I know what I'm doing now. Funny thing....I use to think I knew how to ride. I had 100% confidince in myself and had zero fear of any beast! :) I had no problems until Denali freaked the fuck out on my in January. All that confidence went right out the door....it hasn't come back yet. I keep telling my trainer I'm doing APL Dressage. APL standing for Advanced Pony Line. I'm teaching Denali ques while my trainer has her on a lead line. I know that SOUNDS weird, but I'm terrified of her. She does absoulutly everything right, and I know in my heart that she's fine and I'll be fine, but my head isn't listening....yet.

No comments: