Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Monday, Monday!


Isn't she pretty?

Mondays are my favorite day of the week. I know I sound crazy, and don't worry, I spend the rest of the week hating life...



Mondays I volunteer at a Therapeutic Riding Center in the area, and I love it. I always feel like an idiot because I get choked up when I see the kiddos take the reins and ask their horse to walk on. It's a pretty powerful experience. Yesterday I was running late and therefore worked in a different class with a different horse and kiddo. It was so much fun to be able to interact that much. Usually I lead the horse, so the kid isn't my focus. It was a nice change of pace.



After class I went to the barn to see the girl. Of course she came barreling up the field as soon as I turned the corner. I'm not sure if that is something that is super cool, or a bad idea. She does get pissed when I take too long.



I put her in the cross ties and had her standing there for quite some time while I was getting things ready. She was so patient and such a good girl. Every time she heard me she'd nicker, which I think is really sweet.



We're working on bending. It's going well, and yesterday she was giving to the bit and working really well off my leg. I was really proud of her. There were some spooks though, although they weren't horrible. It's been so long that I just started laughing at her. It was more like a spider running all over. It was raining and the horses were outside running and bucking and playing.... she was freaking out, but we kept it together and kept walking. I was proud of her!!

No comments: