This isn't exactly Pony related, but kind of....
As I lay on the couch recovering from a migraine, I thought I'd talk a little bit about my husband (who ran out to get gas in my car so that I don't have to, after making me dinner.) He's such a great guy. My female friends all think he should teach their SO's how to be better husbands/boyfriends and my guy friends keep telling me they're going to throw him out of the "guy" club. :)
My Valentines day flowers, and my pre-Valentines day flowers
Reasons that my husband rocks:
1. I bought Denali while he was working at in a remote field camp in Alaska (in the arctic circle.) He had no phone, and no e-mail. I wrote him a letter explaining to him what I had done (even after we discussed NOT getting a horse due to $$$) and he didn't divorce me. :) He did go running to find a satellite phone, to call to see if I had really done what I said I did. Yep! (I won't pretend that he was totally fine with me purchasing a huge financial burden, but he didn't divorce me... :) )
2. He puts up with me smelling like horse, my car smelling like horse, my clothes all smelling like horse.
3. He puts up with the fact that I go to the barn around 3 nights a week, every weekend and I am rarely home for dinner on time.
4. He has me call when I leave the barn and has dinner waiting for me when I walk in the door.
5. He doesn't get mad at me when I willingly hop out of bed at 5am to go to a horse show, but throw a 2 year old fit if he wakes me up at 8am to go run errands with him.
6. When the vet informed me that Denali was sick, and that it would cost at least $2,000 dollars to treat her, he didn't blink an eye and questioned why I was asking him permission.
7. He's not a "horse person" but he loves Denali and she loves him. I still joke that someday I'll need to buy my own horse. Those two have the weirdest bond. He only sees her around once every two months, but she LOVES HIM!!
8. Even though I'm a teacher, and he's in grad school/researcher, he doesn't complain or make a huge deal over the fact that it costs us $450.00 a month JUST for board.
9. When Denali was a Psycho last January, I sat down and started making her an ad on dreamhorse. He informed me that I wasn't allowed to sell "Our" horse, and that I'd just need to think of something else. I told him it would cost more money to find a better barn, and he said, "So." (If you knew my husband, he's very money conscious and is always trying to save for retirement.)
10. He's my best friend. He understands how much that four legged, money burning, time stealing beast means to me. He doesn't get mad or upset with me, and I don't know if he'll ever understand how much that means to me.
If you want to hear a hilarious story, I'll need to tell you HOW I met my husband... I'll let your imaginations run wild right now...
How do your SO's deal with your horse obsession?