Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mighty Morgan!

Know anyone who needs some books? I sat on eBay tonight for over an hour. Life? Yes, I use to have one!

I'm going away for the weekend again, so no or limited internet. It's slowly killing me! :) Thanks everyone for your comments! I keep forgetting to mention this, but Denali is drugged, very drugged! It's how we function! When we start to hand walk her I will probably ACE her. Lots and lots of drugs!

There's a horse show next weekend June 4th that I might be taking my little Morgan mare to. How little you're wondering? This little! I don't feel little on her at all, and No, she's not swaybacked!! I am not sure why the picture looks that way! She does have a long back, but again this is a cell phone picture at the walk, and I don't think she looks this bad! We were walking, and I look pretty ridiculous! It's okay, I'm fine with it, and she is a little stout pony and I got her collected so I called it success! She likes to keep her head up, she use to be a carriage horse before my trainer bought her to get her out of a bad situation. I love her attitude, it's just like Denali's. So from my 16.1 hh to a 14.1 hh a bit of a difference.

Weight loss class is going well. Waking up at 5 am, not so fun!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Morgan - and you guys look fine - lots of folks ride small horses and ponies.

Nicku B said...

Cute mare! Keep us posted on the show plans :)

Karen said...

Well once you learn to ride a Morgan, you can ride just about any breed out there. They are my favorite breed but too smart for their own good!

Drillrider said...

Glad you have a horse to ride while Denali is on the mend!

Beth said...

I think you looks great together. I am going for 14hh horses from now on! Good luck to the both of you!

btw I have a completely hideous photo of my mini Ike, the shadows fall and make him look like I should be put away for horse neglect, and he is actually a fat lil thing. Photos can do strange thing sometimes.

Becky said...

At first I wanted a HUUUUGE horse. I ended up with a 14 hand pony. But ya know what? I never regret missing out on a bigger horse when I fall! :)

Sarah said...

That's so great that you have a horse to ride! Morgans are so adorable...I've always wanted to ride one. You guys look fine together. I think we're so used to seeing tiny girls on giant warmbloods that anyone on a horse that's less than 16 hands looks funny:) I'm glad to hear Denali is doing ok as well...the mental battle is sometimes the hardest of all.

Anonymous said...

Cheers to being back in the saddle again, even if it isn't on D's back. When the time dows come for you to beack up on Denali, you'll be strong and ready.

I think the two of you look nice together! Please keep us posted on the show!!