Friday, March 5, 2010

First Movie on it's way


I rented Gentling Your Spooky Horse from GiddyupFlix.com. I'm excited about the idea of what I learn from Monty Roberts. I have always enjoyed reading books by him, but again I can't sit still very long to read much more than that. The info on the movie says the following:

From weanlings to adults horses, this DVD demonstrates how to use desensitization to cause your horse to accept such potential "predators" as platic bags and balloons.

Imagine how a wary young horse perceives seemingly treacherous objects such as stable blankets and crunchy tarpaulins. Sit back, enjoy and learn how Monty gains the horse's complete acceptance.

For the first time, Monty will demonstrate how one of his students is able to work with his Join-Up concepts. Watch as he coaches his student through the gentling of a spooky horse using the silent language of gestures he calls Equus.

Observe the use of safe and easily obtainable aids that help raw horses accept grooming and handling, prepare for vaccination and working, and create a horse that is a pleasure for the farrier to trim and shoe. Learn about the methods Monty uses to accomplish all these goals in an environment of acceptance and trust without the use of force or pain.

Have more fund with your horse by enjoying routines that take a horse from wild and spooky to relaxed and happy. A happy horse means happy owner!

I think I'll post the movie's I'm watching as they come in along with what I think of them. This one should be here this weekend. I'll let you know what I got from it after I watch it. I did a lot of Natural Horsemanship with Denali when I got her, and that helped me to feel very connected to her. I'm hoping to be able to do that again. My first trainer did lots of Natural Horsemanship, and I learned a lot from her, but it's been a while. It is so much fun to read through all the movies. Again, if anyone has any suggestions for me let me know! :)

TGIF!

No comments: