Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm Calm

I'm calmer today that I was yesterday. I woke up at the crack of dawn (actually, it was still pitch black out) to drive my hubby to the airport. We left at 4:30. By 5:30 I was back in bed and slept in. It was wonderful!

I got a lot done today, even though it didn't feel like it. I always feel lost when the hubby is gone. I guess I need to prepare myself for the summer. I went to Home Depot in the truck and bought some lumber. I built some shelves for my classroom. I was really proud of myself. I'm usually not that handy, but it worked out.

I kept putting off going to the barn. I didn't want to face my trainer because I didn't want to be a total dick. I went to work and put my shelves in place, and then just sat in the middle of my room. It's all clean and organized. I love it. I'm hoping when I get my student teacher that he is able to find what he needs easily.

Early afternoon I sent a text to Ophie's mom about her trail ride (they were suppose to go) but she called to tell me they didn't make it out. It was raining when she got to the barn, boo. I know she's really looking forward to going out with her boyfriend on the trails. Plus, her horse freaking loves it! Ophie is quite the little trail wizz. I hope Denali loves it as much.

She told me that my trainer mentioned to her that I seemed to be in a bad mood yesterday. Ophie's mom told her that what she said (and don't quote me, but you'll get the point) was totally un-cool. It made me feel good to have someone stand up for me. My trainer told her that she didn't feel like she was able to finish what she was saying, and that's not the point she was trying to make. I got to the barn about an hour later and we had a discussion. I told her I found that totally unfair, and not professional at all. That I respected her more than that. She appologized again. I let it go. She has taught Denali a lot, and helped me a lot. I'm just glad I stood up for us!

Denali's lessee came out shortly after. She is so cool, I love her (so does D.) They did a nice ride in the arena, even though Denali was doing her camel impersination for everyone. After the arena they went on a ride down the road, which impressed me. Denali was so, so good. She even saw chickens and didn't freak out. I was so proud of them! They make a good team.

Here's my Cocosoya question of the day. Denali's coat is amazing. Seriously, the softest coat I've ever touched. This is new, it's never been this soft before. Is that from the oil?

Thanks for everyone's comments. I'm over it.

5 comments:

Frizzle said...

Yes! Cocosoya is SO great for the coat! It's part of the reason that Salem is all glow-y and silky-soft.

And good for you for standing up to your trainer! Her actions were completely unprofessional.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to talk to your trainer - now if other things come up you should be able to talk to her more easily.

And yes, cocosoya is wonderful for the coat - it's the vitamin E and essential fatty acids - all the horses in our barn have gorgeous coats.

Nicku B said...

Good for you for facing things head on. That will make your relationship even better. You're so lucky to have a lessee that gets along so well with your mare, question...does she have any desire to buy her you think if given the opportunity? Just a random thought...

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

Way to speak for Denali and IF your trainer pulls that again, you know that it's her personality flaw and then perhaps it's time to search again. Has the your lessee ever worked with another trainer? Get her input too, why not being you like her. :)
Cocosoya is sooo lovely..I have my two dogs on it too and my 6 yr old lab showed a new glossy coat within 2-1/2 months after years of dry skin.

Michelle said...

I keep hearing about this Cocosoya stuff....I might have to check it out!
Glad you got things resolved with the trainer. It stinks to have to deal with conflict...