Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sigh

My live works in weird ways. If I keep things a secret they usually work out for me. If I tell people about something ("counting the chickens before they hatch") then it doesn't work out for me. It has always been like this!

Anyway, yesterday I mentioned my "exciting news." I don't think it is going to work out, so I might as well tell you about it. I found a saddle. Not just any saddle, essentially the perfect saddle. My "dream saddle."

I haven't ridden in a lot of saddles and I know that there are a lot of different saddles out there. When I first got back into riding I rode in my trainers Karl Niedersuss, and I LOVED IT!! When she sold it I couldn't afford it. It was way more money then I could afford.

Sunday I found one on craigslist...exactly my size, exactly Denali's size, and only $700!!! I figured if it fit us both perfectly I could sell my Harry Dabbs and still come out on top WITH the saddle I wanted. SO, of course I told my trainer about it because if I ended up going to look at it I wanted her to go with me to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with it that I don't notice through my "I really want this saddle" eyes. So after telling her about it I thought to myself..."Hum... this isn't going to work out now is it..." I talked to the woman on Monday morning, she sounded excited to have me come out, and said she'd call me back after work.

It's Tuesday night and I haven't heard anything.... I guess it wasn't meant to be.

My husband made it into and out of Canada today!

The Vet comes out in the AM to do all of Ms. D's shots, teeth, and a re-check for EPM symptoms. I'm hoping that there isn't anything that she notices.

5 comments:

Mustang Cheyenne said...

Don't give up hope yet! I've noticed that horse people don't tend to be very punctual with things at times... but they'll usually get around to them. lol You know how horses are, something unexpected always comes up that takes precedence over other plans. Try calling her again tomorrow, it can't hurt. *fingers crossed for you*

Beth said...

I agree with Cheyenne, give her a call. If not, they it wasn't meant to be, which is not a bad thing. Just keep hunting! :)

Unknown said...

Give her a call! Hope the saddle comes through!

SprinklerBandit said...

I second (fourth?). It's definitely worth calling about. Odds are she had something come up and it slipped her mind.

Good luck!

Denise said...

I myself am very lax about calling people so that saddle is probably sitting in her tack room waiting for your butt and Denalis back. Totally worth a try.