(picture from last summer, if I remember correctly she was lame, and I was sad, so this picture works)
Waking up today was hard. It was hard to get out of bed. Getting out of bed meant that it was indeed a new day and one day closer.I had a horrible, horrible dream last night. I am sure that bad dreams are normal, it was so obviously not real, but I couldn't help myself. My brother (who keep in mind is a pharmacist) was putting her down, but only gave her ACE, Denali woke up and got scared and ran away and then we couldn't find her. Someone did find her and put her down before I got there. I hate bad dreams. It's hard to believe that it's tomorrow (well, if the weather holds out) and if it can't be tomorrow, I just don't know.My heart hurts, it actually aches which I didn't realize was even possible. Even with the approaching loss of Denali I am still thankful. I have to be.
- I am thankful for the 2 years, 4 months, 2 weeks and 5 days I have had Denali in my life.
- I am thankful for all that she has taught me and the love she showed me.
- I am thankful that on that July day 2 years ago, I was at that auction, bought that pretty bay filly and gave her the life she might not have had.
- I am thankful for my husband and the joy he brings to my life, even in my darkest days.
- I am thankful for my family and their health and compassion.
- I am thankful for the roof over my head, and that even in this economy I have a job (although there are the days I just want to walk away.)
- I am thankful for my readers and the help you have given me through this journey.